Clutch Cable

Guest ben

Hi

This must seem like a stupid question but how exactly does the clutch cable fit?

Ive got it going from the gearbox up through the hole in the master cylinder bracket

and around the clutch mechanism and then the end is fitted into its slot. Its not

actually doing anything though when I push the pedal down. There seems like there is

to much slack.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Ben -_-

Guest MikeD318

If you are using the Sierra pedals there should be an auto adjust ratchet. Is the cable located in the right place for it to function properly?

Guest Russler

As Mike says, check the auto adjust ratchet to make sure it is engaging properly. Although I found that when mounting the pedals there isn't enough room to get the full sweep of the pedal, so I ditched the auto mechanism and made a manual adjust so the clutch operates over the whole movement. :blink:

Guest Mike G

If you find (as I did on my Exmo) that the cable runs too close to the exhaust, then consider getting one made-to-measure about 9 inches longer. I dealt with those nice people at Cabletec (web-site www.control-cables.co.uk), who attached my old fittings to a new heavy-duty cable, so it was guaranteed to fit. Not cheap, but worth the dosh!

I routed the cable in a nicer curve well away from the hot-stuff, and it works a treat. The old cable was getting a bit tired anyway, and no amount of insulating material stopped it nearly siezing up after 15 miles or so.

Cheers

Mike G