What To Doo With These

Guest big kev

Guest big kev

Removed the EFI today a bit stumpped really !!!!!

What to do with these injectors. If I remove them it leaves a whole what have u guys done.

5be6e16e.jpg

Cheers

Guest The Modfather

If your not using them, either have the holes welded shut, or just leave them in for a possible future upgrade to injection?

Guest Alan_builder

Removed the EFI today a bit stumpped really !!!!!

What to do with these injectors. If I remove them it leaves a whole what have u guys done.

5be6e16e.jpg

Cheers

Sell them on ebay!

Sorry, that's an unanswerable question in all honesty.

What engine is that and What are injectors?

You will need to weld or replace the injectors with dummies if not keeping them, hold "them" in with the fuel rail or a dummy fuel rail.

It seems you are going for carbs so just get the matching manifold to the engine block?

Guest Alan_builder

It's a dohc 2.0

Going for carbs so would like the out the way

Check the flow rate of the injectors, I don't think they will be high flow rate so will not be worth too much. May be bin time or just them to block up the holes. The injectors will need to be held in place, use the old fuel rail.

So why use the existing manifold adapter with the injectors in? I can't see how you can fit bike carbs to that without a manifold?

By keeping the existing adapter you will need to use either the injectors, make dummy injectors and a retaining system for what you use or weld the injector holes up and may be distort the casting.

So dump the existing adapter plate as well as the injectors. Keeping the existing adapter will only add cost and work.

Get a new inlet manifold for your bike cabs?

Guest The Modfather

Alan are they. Threaded in or a push fit

If it was a threaded fit a wel fitted bolt would that be anygood

The injectors will have some kind of proper seal like an O ring. A threaded bolt alone wouldn't suffice as this may allow air by-pass and mess up your mixtures. Speak to Burtons they may have something suitable or at least be more able to better advise you Kev.

Daz

Guys,

The Injectors are into the head itself -- not an adapter plate. They will need to be properly plugged. ---or replace with a dohc 8 valve head carb head.. or a 16 valver , like Les did.

Guest Alan_builder

Guys,

The Injectors are into the head itself -- not an adapter plate. They will need to be properly plugged. ---or replace with a dohc 8 valve head carb head.. or a 16 valver , like Les did.

Kev the injectors are push in with O ring seals and will fall out unless retained. Murphy will see to that. Graham B had to buy some in LeMans.

There you go Kev, worse than I thought, change the head, use the injectors and existing fuel rail or make some up and a clamp in system.

PS Graham how is the Nisan rebuild?

Alan

Guest Alan_builder

Hi Kev,

I have been thinking about answering your question again but I have another question for you.

Why do you want to put quad bike carbs on your DOHC injection?

The next question is what else are you going to do to the engine?

Why I ask is I am not aware the 8V Ford DOHC engine is restricted by the inlet / exhaust manifolds as the Zetec is. So doing what the Zetec boys do may not give you the improvement you desire. Graham Bowden put in a fast road cam and made some changes to his ECU wiring to his 8V DOHC. Have you looked at what the tuning guides say the correct sequence to follow for this enging? I think the engine is pre CAT and prior to the change in fuel consumption Road Duty which the Zetec was designed to overcome so it not a one fix fits all.

The power out from a carb engine is theoretically no better than an injection set up and some would argue at best 5% less.

Alan

Guest big kev

Kev

The bolts were already fitted when I got the car, but the second photo showing the threads is another head I have.

I will check the thread size in next couple of days

Paul

Legend