Help Required

Adrian

i am wondering if any of you can help me

i have a petrol gardentec chainsaw. has always started 2nd or 3rd pull. on thursday it ground to a halt in mid use. now it wont b@@~~; start again.

yes it has petol/oil mix in, full to brim, all pipes checked and clear, air filter clear. no obstructions anywhere

got a spark, fuel flowing, but will it start, oh no it wont.

i am at a loss as to what to try next apart from hitting it with a sledgehammer to make me feel better.

any 2 stroke gurus out there who may be able to help me get it going again or advise on what to look at.

Guest Chutney

Did you mix the fuel correctly? Daft question perhaps, but whenever our hedge cutters etc don't start it's usually cos some numpty didn't mix the right ratios. Also if it's stood for a while, it's worth binning the fuel and putting fresh in.

if you drop a bit of fuel straight into the carb and give it a pull does it fire?

Mt stupid hedge cutter is picking up air bubbles at the moment and they get to the needle valves and stall it. If i undo the screw and give it a few pull then put it back to the original position it will clear and run again until another bubble hits it.

You might also want to check the 'float' level. not sure what they should be set to as they are those weird spring and diaphram instead of a float and bowl, but i know i've messed with the settings before and messed mine up for a while until i got it back to where it should be.

hth

Guest peter2b2002

try a new spark plug, had the same prob with my strimmer, fuel OK/ sparks OK but when I put a new plug in started 1st pull , put the old plug back in no go , I think it would not spark when under pressure

peter2b

Guest mower man

As above every thing posted +plug ,these are the invention of the devil and will stop for no apparent cause leading to very great tantrums I had 10 yrs of it for aliving and didn't find all the answers and I doubt any one will. 1 tip with little 2 strokes if they have fueltap is to turn the tap off and run the carb dry before putting away and drain the tank as well HTH mower man :good: