Throttle Body Fitting

Disco

With guidance on my last problem i was able to purchase and fit the stater motor to the engine gearbox assembly and at long last i borrowed an engine lift and fitted the assembly yesterday. During the fitting it became obvious that i had to remove the oil filter as it would foul the steering shaft when the engine was in place and i also removed the injectors and throttle body(all black plastic )from the engine so the engine would fit. I am building a wide body Zetec and i presume that there is little difference in size from a normal car around the engine compartment.Now looking at it this morning i realise that i can purchase a shorter oil filter but i am unsure as to whether the Zetec throttle body assembly as fitted to the engine when delivered will fit back on the car as the diagonal bar on the frame is where the throttle body should be. My instincts tell me that i have to fit a different throttle body which clears the frame bar or am i wrong and have to make some modifications somewhere in order to get it to fit.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Chris D

Guest Chutney

Do you mean wide bodied zero? If so I don't know.

My zetec fits in my 2b with the standard black plastic throttle body, but I have been told by others that it won't!!!

I guess it depends on how your steering rack fits and how you build the drivers footwell area. Also the master cylinder needs to be "on board"- ie behind the steering wheel to keep it out of the way.

I guess the answer to your question of "does it fit?" is infact another question....

Get ya spanners out and indeed, does it fit?

If it doesn't, how much money have you got to spend?

Yes i am building a wide bodied zero. Looking at the throttle body it seems like it could wrap arounD the diagonal bar, i suppose that i will need to have a better look at it. This will be this weeks project

Chris D

Hi

Am a little surprised you are not aware that Zetec standard inlet does not fit, GBS are pretty good at explaining the options when they sell engines.

GBS advise Jenvey or AT throttles, but have a new Pelham chamber, that re-uses many of the Ford parts.

Contact Richard at GBS, the set-up has been on the the rolling road, and looks very good for the money.

Regards