For Sierra Donor

Guest lucavigg

Guest lucavigg

Hi

I have just found out that the donor vehicle I purchased a while ago for my Zero was declared as scrapped on the document by the original owner rather than sold to me!

I'm assuming now that I cannot use this as the basis for registering the vehicle and that I will have to get rid of it as scrap metal.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Luca

Guest lucavigg

You could apply to DVLA to see if you can use the V5 if not strip all the good stuff and just scrap the shell, you will make more money that way and have spares for the Zero

So, I would just dispose of it as scrap metal rather than approach a car scrap company and run into difficulties when I tell them it's already declared as scrapped on the V5?

Luca

• 4 weeks later...

do you still have the log book if yes just contact dvla and explain the surcumstances i bought a hood and sierra parts with vin plate to continue a build to find his wife had sent log book back to dvla as scrapped we contacted dvla and told them is was part of a kit car build i got log book back in my name