Webber 38dgas

Guest ant.b

Guest ant.b

hi all

ive finally got a 38dgas, :) im waiting for a service kit for it as it doesnt run very well so far, have stripped and cleaned out etc, i checked what jet sizes it should have on the n.w site, mine are the same apart from the main jets which are 137 do you think these would be ok for a standard s.o.h.c 2.0 pinto (ex injection) the car starts and idles ok ,but when i floor it, it seems like its ran out of fuel for a min , then returns to normal it only happens under hard accelaration ,is there a simple answer like a service kit? or is it some thing else, it ran fine before on a 30/34 dtfh? and has a electric fuel pump!! any advice welcome...

cheers ant :unsure:

Hi Ant,

check that the acceleration pump squirts a jet of fuel into both venturis.

The DGV & DGAS jets look identical, but the DGV has one hole, directed at the first (smaller) choke near the cam cover, the DGAS has two.

Bob.

Guest ant.b

hi bob

have had a quick look and it does spray out of the two jets ok , have allso checked the float moves up and down ok and doesnt stick shut?(some one else told me to check that) is there anything else to check or should i get it to a garage once ive fitted the new gasket kit? as i aint no expert ... :unsure:

thanks ant

Hi Ant,

I'd suggest fitting main jets per the NW site first, but the best way is to get it set up

on a rolling road.

I have twin 40s which seemed fine, but I had a power run on the rolling road at Detling & power was down on what I expected..

So I have just paid £65 to have the whole engine set up on a local rolling road at a Weber agent.

He adjusted the carbs, & the ignition timing & re-timed the cam on a vernier pulley.

He found another 20 bhp, got rid of an annoying hiccup on acceleration, & found an extra 5mpg. Money well spent I reckon.

Cheers, Bob.