Hello New Guy Here.

Guest Mr_Frosty

Guest Mr_Frosty

Hello everyone.

Just after a few points about owning a kit car having just bought myself a RH 3A and absolutely loving the thing.

Already done over 200miles and only had it 3 weeks. :good:

Does anyone have any tips for looking after one of these or any known problems that come with them or this particular model. :huh:

The engine has been fairly well tricked out list of some specs

It's got a 2.0lt Pinto engine re-bored. With the 205 block. (if I read it right, the numbers near the oil filter?)

Has had the head ported, polished, skimmed, gas flowed.

Bigger inlet and exhaust valves.

Has a high lift cam.

4-1 exahust.

Lightened flywheel.

New pistons.

Polished crank.

5 speed gear box with quick shifter.

Only on a single down draught Weber 32/36 carburettor, Looking to upgrade to either twin 45 Webbers or bike carbs.

Is there anything else I could have put to help?

post-8886-0-39610400-1316461643_thumb.jpg

ps-I also miss typed my name. Can I change that?

:db:

Guest Peter Kelly

Welcome Oliver

I hope you have as much fun out of your new Hood as I have with mine. After two years and loads of dosh and heartache everything seams perfect. Zero to fill your pants in about 3 seconds :crazy:

A thirty minute drive first thing in the morning sets me up for the day. 8P

All the best

Pete.post-4512-0-64412900-1316468581_thumb.jpg

Guest Mr_Frosty

I prefer bike carbs to 45's buts that's just my opinion.

The next upgrade I would suggest would be 3D mappable ignition, ECU of your choice but the Megajolt is still the cheapest proper 3D, IMHO.

Hey there I've had a look at buying the megajolt kit Found one for about £320. Is that cheap? Did you find a vast improvement from this? I'm kind of looking for 200bhp per tonne. :rolleyes:

I think I do enjoy the induction noise of twin Webers to bike carbs but I can change my mind.

I see you also have a 3A have you found any problems to look out for? Mine has only just done over 1000 miles.

Guest Mr_Frosty

Hi mate

welcome i live in hambleton near selby about 16 miles from york

paul.

Hey there, Not to far away then. Are there many meetings or such that happen around? I mean the beach is only an hour away and can be a good drive.

Guest Mr_Frosty

Welcome Oliver

I hope you have as much fun out of your new Hood as I have with mine. After two years and loads of dosh and heartache everything seams perfect. Zero to fill your pants in about 3 seconds :crazy:

A thirty minute drive first thing in the morning sets me up for the day. 8P

All the best

Pete.post-4512-0-64412900-1316468581_thumb.jpg

Cheers. Yeah so far so good. Just need some more dry days before she gets put away for winter. Yep agreed put your foot down and your body goes back in the seat.

Guest Mr_Frosty

Welcome to the mad house. :)

I know little about your model but I can say bike carbs are a good upgrade but do require a good rolling road setup to make the best use of them. Best thing is to get used to your car, put your location in your profile then find a few local members, kick tyres and see what everyones opinions are and go for a ride in theirs to see what you think. If your near South Yorkshire then there's plenty of people about to kick tyres and drink your coffee and talk cars.

If you send a PM to mat-moo (the forum administrator) he might be able to assist your name change.

Rob

Cheers. Yea I think I can say I've never seen the car you have before.

I work in the motor trade, well for Suzuki on the cars not the bikes. Getting used to her is fun very loud and super quick at setting off. Not really pushed it round any corners yet.

Megajolt should be cheaper than Megasquirt and they are £250.

Should be about £150 for a Megajolt then a coil pack, EDIS and VR sensor + some wiring.

The main advantage is precise spark control which gives the best available power from your engine ( as long as your fueling is also good) if you change the specification of the engine or even the engine itself you can just swap the Negajolt to the new setup

Welcome to the mad house. :)

I know little about your model but I can say bike carbs are a good upgrade but do require a good rolling road setup to make the best use of them. Best thing is to get used to your car, put your location in your profile then find a few local members, kick tyres and see what everyones opinions are and go for a ride in theirs to see what you think. If your near South Yorkshire then there's plenty of people about to kick tyres and drink your coffee and talk cars.

If you send a PM to mat-moo (the forum administrator) he might be able to assist your name change.

Rob

My pinto is running on 45's and seen alot on various forums on bike carbs. Do they give better BHP or torque? I find very little acceleration until 4500rpm when the cams kick in.

Guest mower man

My pinto is running on 45's and seen alot on various forums on bike carbs. Do they give better BHP or torque? I find very little acceleration until 4500rpm when the cams kick in.

What cam have you got in your engine ? if its anything spikey you will be lucky to get it it to pull from low rpm and 45's will not be helping a rolling road set up /rejet may help HTH mower man :good:

Hey there, Not to far away then. Are there many meetings or such that happen around? I mean the beach is only an hour away and can be a good drive.

Ey up

I think sheffield is the nearest meetings, my car is of the road at the moment but we do go to wet wang for fish and chips now and again dont know if have herd of it and there was a run to filey last year. If you want ill give you a shout next time we go for a run,

Guest jasonmorris

Depending on engine spec 45's could be overkill I reckon. Mine went well on properly setup 40's.

Having said the above, I would not switch back to webers from bike carbs now. The bike carbs are so much smoother and pull really well from low down. Or at least they will once I upgrade my ignition lol.

Mr Frosty, I reckon your nearest meet may well be the one I attend, South Yorkshire Areaish at the Fox near Hathersage, first Wednesday of every month.

Rgds,

Jason