Clutch Cable Fitting

Disco

I have at last fitted the engine and gearbox(zetec and type 9 gearbox)and have come to fit the clutch cable. My problem is at the gearbox end. I need to know whether i have to cut a channel in the big loop on the gearbox so i can thread the new cable through it. I presume this is the case as the new cable has two nuts on the end to be adjusted for tension. I just need some guidance as to whether this is correct before i get the angle grinder out !!!!!

Thanks

Disco

Guest Spencer Griffiths

No need to cut as the nuts go on the engine side and you just thread the cable through the hole connect up the wire into the clutch arm and then use the nuts to adjust the cable. Well that's how I have done it on my Pinto with a Type 9 and all seems okay. The problem I had was at the other end as the bracket that holds the cable is not welded at the correct angle and the cable rubs on the inside of the tube and then goes to the pedal at a very high angle. Not sure how to sort that one yet.

Spencer