Insurance

Guest Battery Bill

Guest Battery Bill

I tried to cancel the RAC cover on my new policy with "Roadsure" and got this reply below :gdit: :gdit:

I have replied saying I am still within the "terminating the policy period" so I will think about cancelling and going elsewhere.

Its a bit bad that I was not given the option to cancel it in the first place, in fact they did not even mention the cover :gdit:

Not too happy with them and its only been 2 weeks.

Dear Mr Brown,

The breakdown cover is optional but once it has been started it cannot be

cancelled nor can any refund be given. It can be withdrawn at renewal

though.

We trust all is in order but should you have any questions, please do not

hestitate to contact us.

Guest bugsy

Just had a quote from Adrian Flux, £225.00 fully comp which i think is pretty good considering I was paying £650.00 :boohoo: for a Suzuki Bandit 600 until i got the hood.

Worh a try!

Guest Battery Bill

Well I must admit that I paid £142 which is pretty good "BUT" it could have been cheaper if I had been given the option at the beginning :gdit:

I have had another quote which was just a little bit more so if Roadsure dont play ball I will quite happily move :rolleyes:

Guest Battery Bill

Yes looks like :ph34r: "Roadsure" :ph34r: have ripped me off.

Just beware anyone else taking out a policy with these people,

They do not give you the full details until after they have your cash in their grubby mitts. :gdit: :gdit:

God knows what they will try to wriggle out if I ever need to claim.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Dear Mr Brown,

You are still within the cancellation period for this policy. However, if

the policy was cancelled within the first 30 days you would only receive

60% of the premium back. This excludes legal cover and breakdown cover.

They do not give you the full details until after they have your cash in their grubby mitts. 

Actually what they sold you was the "standard package" (just like a 2B plus!) I always ask "what am I paying for?" then I said "but I don't want that part of it, as I already have RAC cover" so they agreed to knock that oof the price.

I think that you'll find a lot of insurance companies now sell "packages" and most will not split them, you buy it all or not at all.

you've not been ripped off, you just didn't ask the right questions.

As to paying claims, I don't think any of them are as white as they try to be, mind you, a large portion of the public aren't either! (No reference to anyone on this board, just a general comment)

When I renewed my insurance in February I gave Roadsure a ring to find out if they could do it cheeper than the one I had from Graham Sykes.

The price worked out about the same so Roadsure said they could make it £15 cheeper if they knocked off the RAC cover as I was thinking about taking out my own breakdown cover for myself in any car. Graham Sykes then said they would knock off £20 to remove their breakdown cover.

Lesson Iv'e learnt over many years of insurance, play one up against another to get what you want.

Les

Guest Battery Bill

Tonight Matt from Roadsure left a message on my answerphone asking me to ring him saying its better that than e-mailing each other. This was probably because last night I sent him a e-mail saying There is a thread regarding this on RHOCAR and I am publishing his letters :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets see what he has to say when I ring him

:ph34r:

Guest Battery Bill

Just had a call from Matt

And he has agreed to refund me my £15 RAC cover so alls well that ends well. :D

I suppose had we been able to talk about it at the beginning it would have been sorted earlier but never mind its sorted now. :D

So my Roadsure cover was £127 Pretty good eh! :D :D