Dutch Sva Test Failed

Guest mars0505

Guest mars0505

B) B) B) B)

Hi,

With my rebuilded S7 with a Pinto engine, went to the RDW (SVA) station in Arnhem. Had t be there at 8.05 AM. Came almost 10 minutes to late, due to traffic jam and without fuel.

First they started nagging about the identity of the car. The number of the engine wasn't corresponding with the V5. Also wasn't the V5 reported exported in England. They had a online connection with the SVA computer and cardatabase in Engeland. Because I had also copys of the V5 of the donorcar and the original bill of RHE of the purchase of the kit, I could convince them it was the car mentioned on the V5.

After that the searched and cam afther an hour wtih the following points:

A bolt on the frontweel wasn't tightened enough. The subframe had to be secured wtih big metal plates incase the rubber would tear apart, the plates would hold the subframe in place. The rearbrakes had to much difference and the dipbeam showed not a clear line.

Small points but not repearable on the spot, so have to make antoher appointment in 2 weeks.

After that driving home, the car gave up. The Weber carbs, are probably the problem. Anyhow; I managed to come halfway, but afther that the roadservice towed me to my home.

But a positvie point: Everyone looks and smiles happy. Even the higway patrol police stopped and where very friendly and offered me an helping hand.

So hope to be on the raod somewhere in may; but I am not gonig to make it to Stoneleigh the first weekend in may.

All the way from Holland; far east to the german border;

greetings Marcel :D :D :D

well done Marcel.

the headlight that isn't giving a clear line, isn't wired up correctly, check out the build tips on our site for a photo with the correct conections on.

everything else sound easy enough to sort out.

Good luck. :)

Well done Marcel

You should be on the road soon!!!!!

I think its absolutely fantastic that this site is getting an international

flavour,thanks to the posts by our "continental cousins"!!!!!!!!

Cheers Ian

Guest Battery Bill

Well Done Marcel

Nice to hear about Hoods in Arnhem what a great place, I saw "Purple Rain" film there whilst eating a Kebab stinking the cinema out, had my car sterio knicked (In 1985) and spent many a happy hour in a little bar beside the cinema which sold 200 different types of beer. Perhaps when you get your car on the road and come over to a show you can bring a selection :D :D And some Kebabs ! Best place for a kebab IMHO

Goed Gedaan Marcel!!

I was worried for you - I had been told that the Dutch SVA was very strict and almost impossible for an imported car to pass... It is a shame you can´t make Stoneleigh though!

Tell me - once you have your RDW pass - how long before you get your Dutch plates? As you can imagine I am very interested - as my Exmo will have to go through the same procedure soon.

Good Luck for the next test.

Groetjes

Phil.

Guest mars0505

Phil,

It is depending what the registration date of your car is. is it age related or on a Q-plate. In my case it is agerelated and registered as a '83 car. So my emission (CO) has to be under 3,5%. Mine was around 1,4 %.

If yours is registered before 1/1/96 then you don't have to have an emission system. If it is afther that date then you have to prove that it was running on that engine in England. Show the old V5 of the donor car, or the logbook, or you have to have an writing of the DVLA in England that it was running as you bring it up.

Further you have to change the headlights to European ones.

For the rest it is like an MOT inspection, because it is already registered in England, and because the EU rules, the RDW have to give you an dutch registration, if it is roadsave appproaved (like a MOT inspection).

If you don't have an english registration with the car, it is impossible to get it registered overhere. You then need a "typegoedkeuring" (typeapproaval), and that includes buidlingdrawings/calculations, crashimpacttests/ niosetest etc. etc.

If you have further questions, just give me a call. tel. 0031-544464930

Marcel :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: