New South East Robin Hood Owner.

Guest Gsr mayhew

Guest Gsr mayhew

Hi all. I've been looking at kit cars for a while now wondering what to buy, I wanted one with a bike engine ideally but they were not in my budget. Started looking at tiger cat e1's and found myself a nice one but before I went to look at it a robin hood built in 1996 popped up across the road from me with only 800 miles on the clock! It's got a 2.1 pinto engine that's been rebuilt with a stage 3 head, different cam, sodium filled valves and coilovers. It also has a full cosworth rear beam which is great as I wanted one with an LSD. Now my problem is I know very little about it, it has the running boards on that I don't like so I'm goin to put on the cycle wings but I've spent most of the day reading about these dreaded brackets!! I see people saying things like 2b model and s2 and s7 but it means nothing to me!

I pick it up Friday so I spose the best thing to do is post some pics so I can see exactly what I have?!

Guest Gsr mayhew

Thank you, I started looking round the site after I posted that then I did find that but can't remember what my one looks like, it is sierra running gear though. Oh well just wait till Friday so I can have a proper nose round it, at least I bought it just in time for the cold weather eh!!

Guest boggybogstar

Hi craig and welcome to a club overflowing with information

If youwant any local advice then you live right smack bang in the middle of the southern kit cars area, we have a run organised this sunday, if its road ready then why not pop along andintroduce yourself and wecan answer any questions :-)

Details on http://southernkitcars.com/

Youll need to register and find your way to theforum

Cheers