Best Size For Brake Master Cylinder

gr8nomad

Hi Folks, I an at the stage where I need to purchase a master cylinder for my Zero. It has discs front and rear and I believe it will need a dual cylinder. I am not sure how to get the dimensions of the cylinders in the calipers that came with the kit so I can work out the best size master cylinder.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Geoff

Guest old_timbo

If you are using the GBS pedal box with Sierra calipers and disks, I think it is designed to be used with a standard Sierra master cyclinder which they have on their website.

Incidently I was on the OBP stand at the Autosport show today talking about pedal boxes. They recon that if you are using a twin master cylinder with balance bar set-up, you use a 0.625" diameter cylinder for the front brakes and 0.7" for the rear.

Thanks old_timbo.

Believe it or not we never saw the Sierra in Oz - Kiwis had it in estate (statiowagon) form, but it never saw our sunburnt plains. To be frank the Sierra donor parts have already caused me a lot of grief with simple tasks such as replacing the wheel bearings and seals. It beggars belief that I can not source an original bearing, but there you are.

I was planning to use a dual master cylinder, but thanks for the advice on cylinder diameters above as it gives me a good starting point.

Geoff