Clutch Cable Mount.

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

in my infinate wisdom when fitting my floor mounted pedal box i cut out the then redundant top mounted clutch mount. now that i have reverted back to the origional set up i now need this mounting point... i bought some 5mm thick by 30mm wide flat bar today, and tried making up a right angled mount which bolts through the box sextion of the chassis just by the clutch pedal, however the mount is now too close to the pedal and is thus making the clutch cable too long, i need to move the mount point back by 2 inches, (towards the nosecone) to in effect shorten the cable a bit. however i then tried this and now because the bend in the bracket is almost 2.5 inches away from the mount point the bracket is just flexing when pressing the clutch, has any one made their own mount and got some ideas how i can get around this? obviously the thicker the metal the harder it is to bend and drill,

Guest charliems7

i used a steel pole with a thread in each end and braced from the plate where the clutch cable goes to the bulkhead

secured with a bolt each end,no more flexing.

charlie.

I decided to bin the factory clutch cable mount also, Pic below to demonstrate my choice in betterizing the situation.....

5mm angle welded in 3 places and set at the correct angle for the natural route the cable requires.

SSL22624.jpg

Suck eggs time maybe To bend heavy guage steel drill a series off small holes along bend-line (while still flat) this will weaken the metal,allowing a tight bend to be made. After bending run a bead of weld along holes to fill & restore strength.