Front Suspension Mount Grease Nipple

Guest Richcruss

Guest Richcruss

Hi I have been told I need to fit a grease nipple to the front suspension upper mount on my 3a does anyone have any info on where and how or even some photos or links any help is most appreciated thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Need to fit the grease nipple in the top suspension arm tube, that the rocking pivot shaft runs through the middle of. Find a couple of grease nipples then drill where you can get your hand drill into in said tube, to a smaller drill size that you can then tap to the thread of the grease nipples. The pivot shaft runs in plain nylon bearings, so by packing the space between them with grease (till its squirts out front and aft), helps to increase there service life.

The spanner man

After 12 years I fitted nipples as the nylon bearings had worn and also the shaft mounting holes had gone oval. I replaced the bearings and fitted plates over the worn mounting holes. The nipple just needs to go somewhere you can get access to it with a grease gun.

post-347-0-91972500-1335105899_thumb.jpg

post-347-0-81761300-1335105906_thumb.jpg

post-347-0-01715100-1335105924_thumb.jpg

post-347-0-70128500-1335105928_thumb.jpg