Type 9 Clutch Arm Adjuster

gncgray

Just been browsing "Kit Spares" looking for things I would buy if I won the lottery. I come across a "type 9 clutch arm adjuster". Now I'm thinking....bugger have I forgotten to put this in!!

Is this something I need? I am using the standard Zetec clutch with a Type 9 box.

http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=6&product=9024&catsub=0

Graham

Yes, you need to move the clutch arm forward. This replaces the pivot pin and as a result moves the clutch arm forward.

you may have done the same by tapping the hole and putting in a bolt .

Ian

I did not install on mine. There is a little drag on clutch when car is running. not enough to move car. I only noticed when rear wheel was up in the air. very slow wheel turn. I would not bother if engine is all together. When are u getting this IVA booked?

I used the method that GBS first used. A large long M12 bolt with the head shaped into the same shape with the aid of a bench grinder. Then tap out the pivot point hole to suit and locknut the long bolt into place.

The length of the pivot point can then be adjusted to suit the release arm. GBS now machine a press in replacement for the original pivot point. This isn't adjustable though.

Simon.