Indicator Woes

Guest yellow peril

Guest yellow peril

the right indicator has decided to give up the ghost. The relay has managed to burn a whole in itself when the lever is on right turn. Having checked the earths all seem ok. When indicating right the relay clicks but rather than getting the indicator flashing, any warning light that is on the dash display dims instead and the relay starts glowing. Having nipped to halfrauds to get a replacement relay in desperation all it does is click once and not even give me the left hand indicator that did work with the nackered relay.

Using the hazard lights blows a fuse, :huh:

there is a click from the engine bay with the flashing dash lights when the right indicator should be flashing which I just can't track down.

I hate electrics,, anyone got any good advice please :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Battery Bill

Yellow P

Was it about 10 to six tonight because Joey saw you at the traffic lights by Dominoes he shouted to you but you could not hear him.

If you had of come round to ours you could have had one of our relays we have plenty lying around.

See you

Bill and Joey :D

You must have a dead short.

There's a short on whatever side of the system you are trying to switch on.

Uncouple all light holders on that side, ie. front, back, side repeater & warning light.

If you switch it on now, it should just stay 'on' as there's no resistance to make it flash. If it burns out or blows a fuse, then the short's in your wiring, if it doesn't, then couple up one item at a time, trying it every time, until you find the one that gives the problem.

Guest yellow peril

cheers jim,, I'll investigate further tomorrow

sorry bill and joey, The exhaust seems not to really dampen much of the engine noise down and after an hour or so of driving deafness is one of the side effects,

I was just coming back from a good caning on my favourite rally stage, er the public highway :D .

I'll see ow I get on tomorrow bill, if the replacement relay is wrong (thanks monkey boy in halford) no offence to monkeys intended, ya elp on that one would be greatly appreciated.

regards

peril