Securing Of Loom + Battery Position

Guest captn Pugwash

Guest captn Pugwash

Can anyone let me know if it is okay for the wiring loom in the engine bay area to be tie wrapped to the brake pipe, which is secured to the top rail of a exmo.

does the loom have to be fitted into converluting tube or can it be taped as per a normal electrical loom, same with the rear loom, planning on running it next to the fuel pipe to the rear of the car. which is rubber pipe, can I use the same clip or again tie wrap it to the pipe.

Cannot see anything saying I cannot in the SVA manual.

anyone got any pictures or the wiring in the engine bay.

How do you fasten the cables goint to the rear lights once they have come into the wheel arch area.

Finally, were do you run the wires on the flying butress at the front.

Come on matt, get your camera out and show some pictures.

Waiting in hope.

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

You cannot tie the loom to a fuel pipe, definately not :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You could use the same "Clip" mounting bolt but with another clip though but dont let them touch, best to route it well away from the petrol one :D I dont see a problem with the brake pipe issue as long as its not too long a stretch else it would be extra weight/ load for the pipe to carry they might not like that.

Anyway about time Daveq or Swan got in with a battery related reply :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Guest Battery Bill

Oh yes I forgot :

How do you fasten the cables goint to the rear lights once they have come into the wheel arch area.
just put a p clip on the mounting studs for the light as long as its secured coming out of the boot area you will be OK with one more clip in place by the lights. :D
nally, were do you run the wires on the flying butress at the front.

Sorry no idea what you are talking about :lol: What the hells a Flying Butress? :wub:

DAVE I HAVE A 2B DOHC SO MAY BE DIFFERENT

Do not run fuel and power together keep on DIFFERENT sides if poss . wrapping the loom sounds fine do not fix to brake lines as rubbing may cause failure in brake system.

Fix both every 6 ". To secure cable to wheel arch at back fix through arch in to back of the rubber light mounts if using standard rhsc lights. Or bond on some fixings /p clips with glass fiber / isopon etc.

keep building

Stephen Altwasser

Guest captn Pugwash

Bill.

on the exmo in place of the wishbone there is a stainless suspension arm, this is what I meant when I said flyong buttress,

Dave

Its an older car than yours. :p :p :p :D

Guest jetskijase

Hi All

Bit concerned here <_<

In my tunnel i have my fuel pipe in 20mm plastic flex p clipped at the top, then under that my brake pipe p clipped, then i have black plastic conduit p clipped with my wires in spiral wrap running in it

Is this ok for sva :huh: :huh:

Hi All

Bit concerned here  <_<

In my tunnel i have my fuel pipe in 20mm plastic flex p clipped at the top, then under that my brake pipe p clipped, then i have black plastic conduit p clipped with my wires in spiral wrap running in it

Is this ok for sva :huh:  :huh:

It sounds fine to me. The only definite "no no" is ataching wiring to fuel or brake pipes, or using a single fixing for a mixture - eg a cable tie around the chassis, loom and a fuel pipe. Use seperate cable ties or P clips etc and it's fine.

Some people on here then say they want to keep wiring and fuel lines apart - as in on different sides of the tunnel. Obviously this is a slightly safer setup than putting them next to each other, but there are no requirements in the SVA manual for it - at least not that I know of! The issue is in a crash situation where the wiring is damaged and so is the fuel line, in which case a spark may ignite the fuel. Whilst its worth bearing in mind, there are other far more dangerous considerations to think about - this one is a pretty remote chance!

Ant