Which Tyres For The Dino?

chris27

Hi Folks

dino is just about ready to go off to the body shop, so moving on with other things.... tyres!!

needs something soft and grippy not bothered if they only last 10k miles

been recomended 2 tyres

toyo t1r - £452 per set of 4 soft and grippy

falken 452's - £355 per set of 4 elise boys use them

any experience of these?? recomendation??

cheers

Chris

Guest zoomzoom

I use Toyo r1-r as a everyday tyre, great grip on road or track, they have a similar compound as the R888 but with more tread to comply with future e.u.regs.

Also used the kumho v700 on road and track and found it has lots of grip but with only 4mm of tread from new it might not be the best tyre for high mileages.

The T1-R is a road tyre and not as grippy as the above in the dry but better as a all-rounder in the wet.

The Falkens are used by a few marques as a low cost alternative to factory fitted rubber, and by the lotus drivers as the original fitment Yokohama's are only available from lotus dealers (££££££)

Customers of mine do like the Falkens but mostly because of the cost!

I sell Falkens but consider them a tyre at the budget end of the market.

Let me know the size and that use you want to put the tyres too and I can have a look at what is available.

Marcus

I've been looking at changing my tyres and was trying to find something grippier but the r888 were working out to £130 a tyre then Ii came across these

Federal 595 RS-R 205/50 ZR15 89W XL

£72.50 from mytyres

Seem to be good

Quote: The Federal 595 RSR Tyre is the tyre of choice for serious track work or a road and track car.

We have been using the RSR for four years now. Our many wins in competition had a big part to play in bringing the RSR to Europe.

We use the RSR on our track cars, our drift cars, and our road cars.

For those of you that don't know the RSR, it's probably best if we compare it to the R888.

In terms of outright grip, it offers 95% of the R888's dry performance. But where the RSR really comes into it's own is as an all rounder. It has much more tread, and the V Pattern clears water extremely well. It's also a relatively quiet and comfortable tyre for road use. It heat cycles well, and I have had 11k miles on a set on my M3 including two trips to the Nurburgring, and two track days where I was pushing extremely hard.

Perhaps the thing we best love about the RSR when comparing to the R888, is that it has so much more feel on the edge of traction, allowing you to really find your limits and get the most out of your suspension setup.

Simply put. There is no better value for money for the performance. We're already seeing that it is fast becoming the tyre of choice for the Nurburgring as the surfaces ever changing conditions there really suit the Federal 595RSR's diverse handling characteristics.

Les