Megajolt

Guest Wesley

Guest alfaGTA

emissions will be based on the age of the zetec engine itself surely unless you have a pre 95 zetec... Carbs might not give an easy pass? Carbs and megajolt are fine with an old pinto or xflow with old age related emissions where its less strict

Guest dinger

You'll need magasquirt for the single throttle body and plenhum setup,

Personally I'd go for something higher up the price range as megasquirt is extremely diffcult to map and get through IVA

Guest alfaGTA

I'm in the process of upgrading from carb'd pinto to ignited zetec ;) emerald, short sump, fuel pump's, swirl pot, fuel lines.... Not cheap and that's only the basic's! Engines are the cheap bit :(

Guest Wesley

Tell me about it. I've just sold me RH and currently building a Westfield 2000 sport and luckily it came with all the fuel lines inc return fitted and I already had a plenum and swirl pot so not to bad......yet!

Megajolt only does spark, no good if you plan to run injection.

Your trapped and need a fuel and spark ECU

As said Megasquirt is a tough deal

Even if you buy an Emerald, Omex or other it'll still need a rolling road session to set up, you'll need to do it at sometime so I suggest you budget early, get it done before IVA so you know emmisions are ok

There is little difference between max power and IVA emmisions for a standard Zetec