Cycle Wings

Guest bloke

Guest Battery Bill

Bloke we have been doing ours today! :rolleyes:

Thank god I have a welder is all I can say, Our bent pipes were not ideal so a lot of cutting/welding was required. :rolleyes:

You need to cut a bit out of the GRP at the front than some at the back so the pipe fits flush, If I was to do it again I would start with only the front tube fitted, cut the notch then fit the back tube then cut the rear notch We did not do it that way unfortunately.

:wub: Still it looks ok.

Good luck

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I welded another piece of tube on top of the tube and its the correct width to fit ibside the wings without having to cut the wing - the wings are still close to the tyre.

Steve

Well it's time you realised that you're on a hiding to nothing until you actually have a kitcar that you can drive about in!! Us that have, plus those that have built one whilst you've been off the road, will keep on reminding you! ;)

Personally I found the multibend tube worked quite well. I did increase a couple of the bends slightly - put another piece of pipe on the ends and use it for leverage. I remember being well concerned about fitting them, but when I actually came to do the job it all worked quite well.

I didn't cut ANYTHING off the GRP, but I did have to put spacer washers between the tubes and the GRP, and I still need a couple more. The problem here is squeezing the grp to match the curve of the wheel. If you squeeze too much the sides pop out.

Ant

Guest Russler

I was pretty much the same as the other guys, I used a small piece of plywood as a spacer to avoid cutting the grp, when joining the tubes together the only satisfactory way I have found was to weld them. With screws or rivets they always work loose hence all the scratches on mine where they fell off and I ran over them! :rolleyes:

Guest Battery Bill

Well yes we could have done it that way but we thought it looked better with the mudguard closer to the tyre so thats the route we have gone! :D

Bodger!!!
:lol: :lol:
amerture
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

I fixed a piece of angle to the multi-bend tube, where the GRP would otherwise attach. This gives a nice flat surface to fix the grp to, and if you're feeling brave you could even glue them on so you don't have visible screw heads showing.

Hope the picture makes sense :wacko:

Guest bloke

cheers guys

lots of tips for this bit

have att pic, think the bracket is on the right side but should it touch the sheath on the b/ pipe??

post-5-1084565935.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

Well thats a big bit of rubber between the tube and hole,ing the brake pipe I think it should be OK. Ours is pretty similar. :rolleyes: