Covering The Steering Column Zero

Guest Andy Gaskell

Guest Andy Gaskell

Hi all,

as the title to this topic states, how have you been covering up the steering columns on your zeros? i have looked on ebay but carnt find and original sierra covers. I bought a grp one from ebay but was really poor quality and sent it back.

So.... Keep on looking or other options?

Cheers

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

I am also interested in this subject as my WB Zero kit did not include a steering column shroud. Living in Australia means that Sierra bits are more rare than rocking horse poo, so any suggestions regarding alternatives (no, not for rocking horse poo) would be great.

Cheers

Geoff

Guest mower man

I am also interested in this subject as my WB Zero kit did not include a steering column shroud. Living in Australia means that Sierra bits are more rare than rocking horse poo, so any suggestions regarding alternatives (no, not for rocking horse poo) would be great.

Cheers

Geoff

What part of Aussie are you? planning a trip next year [spring ] ,I have relations in Sydney ,get in touch

Cheers

Geoff

Once I have made a batch, I will take photos and post them up here so you can see.

It may be a while as I now have a large trench dug right in front of the garage so I can't access it :)

Simon.

Hi mower man, your spring or mine?

I am in Melbourne, so it is unlikely that we will catch up, unless you are in the mood for a 1000 km drive for the day :80:

There is however a nice car just out of Sydney that is being built (and should definitely be on the road by then). It is a zetec engined Zero (not WB/GT). I would be happy to put you in touch with the builder if you wish. He is an ex pom (30+ years ago) and also has a Merlin that he built here in 1992.

Simon, thanks for the offer, but I do not need any new poo - and besides I can get any quantity I like from the factory (ex VAT of course).

Geoff

Guest mower man

I am in Melbourne, so it is unlikely that we will catch up, unless you are in the mood for a 1000 km drive for the day :80:

There is however a nice car just out of Sydney that is being built (and should definitely be on the road by then). It is a zetec engined Zero (not WB/GT). I would be happy to put you in touch with the builder if you wish. He is an ex pom (30+ years ago) and also has a Merlin that he built here in 1992.

Simon, thanks for the offer, but I do not need any new poo - and besides I can get any quantity I like from the factory (ex VAT of course).

Geoff

Hi Geoff hoping to be over there March /April nothing booked as yet , if the guy in Sydney would like to get in touch that's great . I live within 20 mins of GBSand often pop down for a mooch round etc ,they are a good set of guys . regards mick ,mowerman :clapping: :drinks: :drinks:

Apologies Simon, the meaning of your note got lost in the translation from English to Orstralyun. Would be happy to have a look at your next 'batch'.

Mick, I will mention it next time I contact the guy in Sydney. March/April will be a good time to visit Sydney.

Cheers

Geoff

• Like 1

I see.

Although "English" is the common tongue, it seems that the meanings of words can get "mixed up" along the way ! :)

I hope that no one is in a hurry to get these though as it may now be next year before I can get anything done as holidays and WW one style trenches are dug in my back yard ...

Simon.

post-4714-0-60590600-1353588022_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-62689600-1353588049_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-03635400-1353588066_thumb.jpg

Nope, there has been a house built next door and they wanted to tie into the drains on mine.

It just reminded me that it looked like those photos from the first worlds war and the trenches there (albeit on a smaller scale :) )

Good job the weathers been too bad to think about getting the kit out though ! I didn't envy the workers who were working in the bad weather though whilst I stayed in the nice warm house ... :diablo: !

Simon.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

I got a mate coming over from Melbourne early jan i could smuggle a few bit in his suite case for you i am sure he wouldn't mind. i spent 4 years living in Melbourne myself.God i miss my XR6 ute happy days

Hi bolton1966,

XR6 ute eh, hmmm bet you don't have anything quite like that over there... but you do have a great kit car market.

What engine have you put in the zero?

I will give some thought as to how to fill your friend's suitcase.

Cheers

Geoff