Accelerator Pedal

Guest Cantbearsed

Guest Cantbearsed

:wacko: Puzzled. Did a "dry run" with the servo bracket, pedal box assembly and side panel and can't find a space for the accelerator pedal.

Am I supposed to modify the pedals?

Has anyone else found the mounting area to be just too bl**dy small?

Is there another way round it?

Going to throw the whole lot away soon. :gdit:

Guest Fred2b

Throw it away !!! don't do that, you will regret it for the rest of your life. The thrill of actually driving your car on the road after all your hard work is well worth the heartache and frustration. It took me 2.5 years to finish mine but I would have to be on the breadline before I part with it now.

The pedals are only one of the difficult parts but it can be done. I used the original small bracket from the Sierra bolted to the supplied thick pedal assembly plate.

I will post a photo when I get home tonight, it might help. You could always join the club and contact your area secretary to arrange some other builders to pop round and offer advice at first hand.

Fred :p

Guest Battery Bill

Dale

Yes the pedal box bits are quite fiddly and we had to "Manipulate" ours somewhat to get them in especially as we have rather large size 12 feet to fit in as well. :rolleyes:

Look on our website Here to see how we did ours, and we have plenty or foot room now :D :D

Get the brake and clutch in first and worry about the accelerator later. I had to "manipulate" the left side of my clutch pedal to make it miss the chassis, and turn them slightly to one side. The accelerator then fitted higher up - and I replaced the pivot bracket with a narrower one - just bent a piece of flat plate and put two holes in it for a bolt. A nylock and spacer washers keep it tensioned just right.

Ant

Guest daveg

Mr Arse :p

All I am going to say is "I hope you have a hacksaw and a mig"

Dave

PS How did Bill work out your called Dale :huh:

Edited by daveg

Oh yes Bill, we all have to be politically correct now you know just in case we upset someone :lol:

Anyway, I had to cut and bend my throttle peddle to make it fit my foot better and (like others) I had to brutalize the clutch peddle to make it miss the chassis.

sometimes one does need to modify things ever so slightly! it gives you something to do.

Make sure that you have the accelerator pedal a good way away from the brake pedal. get it close up to the sidewall.

post-5-1085733800.jpg

Guest STEVE PUTTRELL

I had the same trouble with my accelerator pedal but sorted it after a struggle. I live 5 miles from you in Hitchin so email me if it would help to come round & see how mine is fitted. May help with any other probs you have, mines 95% built (frustrating how the last 5% is such a pain! :angry: ).

Guest chris brown
Better stop this anyway, I will get accused of posting nothing but crap again

Bill so whats new

Jim yours looks very similar to mine I think mine were "adjusted" about 10 times before I felt they were useable :wub:

By the way MOT fail Jim (reason for fail anti slip device missing from brake pedal) :lol: :lol: :p