Roof On S7

Guest Markp38

Guest Markp38

Hi i have just bought a S7 and Im trying to get the hood to fit and struggling can anyone help please, it has two bars hinged but seems like rocket science to get it right.

.post-12656-0-39454500-1370778817_thumb.jpg

Guest Ian & Carole

The large hoop goes over the drivers head to give the roof height the shorter one sits behind the roll bar to put tension into the rear windows.

10 years on after several attempts I still only have the main loop fitted.

Add your location to your profile, you might have another "Hoodie" some were near.

Guest mower man

As above never fitted secondloop ,tensionroof with 2 small straps pulling the hoop back to the roll bar , i use cycle toe clip staps or simm mowerman

Guest Markp38

thanks

have manged to get it on but boy is it tight, is there a way of streching it so its easier to fit? or is it just ratchit strap the front bar to the roll bar?

Guest Ian & Carole

I tend to fit the rear, leave the hoop low over the seats and popper up around the screen then, fasten the two lowest poppers on the main roof, this gives a bit more length to get the poppers around the screen then tension up the hoop, fit the doors last, if that makes sense.... and when it rains you still get wet. :crazy: :crazy: :rofl: :rofl:

Guest Markp38

Need to refit the doors as they are fitted wrong with a good cm gap to the windscreen, assuming hinges should be bolted inside screen not outside.

Guest shaggy

Brilliant thanks for the photos, I may have (and im only willing to accept may have) had the doors on the wrong way round Dohhhhh

Why don't you join us at the next NW meet and we can all take the mickey out of you for fitting the hinges on the wrong way round (not that I have done that this week at any rate)

Guest Markp38

Hi Simon (we spoke on the phone im Dave Perrys brother) I now know what the problem is, the previous owner has put the hinges on the inside of the door and not the outside so im in the clear embarrassment wise!