Formula Student

Richard Grove

My son Matt is at Silverstone this weekend with the Exeter University FS team.

They have worked incredibly hard to get the car finished in time for the competition and have pasted all but one of the scrutineering tests today so once they have sorted out the brake balance tomorrow they should be cleared to race on on Saturday & Sunday.

Very excited about going to to see him race.

Richard

post-17-0-08724300-1372969463_thumb.jpg

Guest red7

Formula Student, it's a great concept. I was there with the Newcastle Uni. Team a few years ago. Teams from all over the world working on getting their cars onto that famous track. But just like all motor sport those with the biggest budgets had the best cars. One team had a fully equiped mobile workshop! We had a toolbox and that was it, although we did blag a session on a rolling road. Your son will be having a great time. What is he responsible for on the car?

It's something I'm looking at doing when I go back in my final year in September, I didn't feel I had the skills to do it, but building the Zero I know I can. Maybe I can slip the Zero in to the field.....

Matt is responsible for all the electrics (his degree is in Electronic Engineering) and he is also one of the 3 nominated drivers.

Spoke to him last night and they are having an amazing time. He says there is such a buzz with so many teams from around the world all with very different budgets, and some with many years of experience but all helping each other to sort out problems etc.

Richard

Guest red7

Tell him to blag his way into the British Racing Drivers Club. I did, met loads of racing celebs and the building just oozes British Motor Racing History.