Superspec Clutch Cable

alanrichey

Guest stevenkirk

The QH ( QCC 1303 ) cable I got for mine last year was identical to the one supplied by RH - It does not resemble the one advertised on E-bay as listed. The one shown has a nipple on it - mine doesn't - it has an eye. I Wonder why the difference. Was definitely the one for a Fiat Ducato 81-86.

Just an update for any other SuperSpec owners looking for a Clutch cable.

The Volvo 340 QCC 1240 Cable (E-Bay Item, 150523650345) was almost right except it had a nipple at the pedal end rather than an 'eye'. But by getting this Citroen Xantia connector (E-Bay Item 221259839085) you can adapt the nipple to a perfect connector.

However, before using it I have ordered a Fiat one (E-Bay Item 160968878661) which the seller assures me has an eye and not a nipple. I'll report back when it arrives.

Al

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that turned out to be perfect. Also followed the advice at http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=26736&st=0&p=205151&fromsearch=1entry205151 and built a bracket instead of mounting the eye direct to the pedal, to avoid stresses. Then threaded the cable through a short length of copper tube at the bell housing end to make the adjustment easier. Great success, clutch now much lighter and smoother.