Fao S7 Owners - Wheel Widths And Offsets

theduck

Wheel decision made and ordering Monday so going to need to decide on sizes. I'm definitely going 15x7 et15 at the front as that's the highest offset they do and will run spacers if required. For the back I need to do some working out and am hopefully going to get over to see Alan this weekend to have a look at his series 3 to help work out what will fit mine. Currently thinking anywhere from et35 to et25 will report back with findings.

Thanks for all your help.

Stu

Guest mark little

Been following this link with interest, the wheels on the back of my car are 13"x7" et 23 , using the diagram above. My problem is that the outer edge of the rim is 3.5" inside the edge of the rear wheel arch, does it therefore mean that I need a wheel with a negative et of 50 or am I interpreting this totally wrong. This is one of those things that is doing my head in.

Cheers Mark

Just to say this fits my car perfectly and its fitted to my zero narrow body with wide arches I ave also got a sierra 7.5" diff witch eans I had to fit 12mm of spacers behind the hub for the half shafts to fit.

Been following this link with interest, the wheels on the back of my car are 13"x7" et 23 , using the diagram above. My problem is that the outer edge of the rim is 3.5" inside the edge of the rear wheel arch, does it therefore mean that I need a wheel with a negative et of 50 or am I interpreting this totally wrong. This is one of those things that is doing my head in.

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark,

You are calculating it right assuming you stay with a 13x7 rim, but that is an absolutely ridiculous offset!

Even going to a 10 inch wide wheel would require something like ET-20!

Are you sure you have the current offset correct and/or the measurement for how inset the wheels are??

For the record I have ordered ET30 for the rear as having compared to another car and taken various measurements and the known offset of their wheels I believe this will be correct. My wheels are being made to order though so will be a while before I can be sure on that fitment.

Guest mark little

It would be easier to get 9" wheel arches, but I can't find any, and nobody seems to make them,

With regards to the offset I measured things exactly as the diagram, I've even tried wheels off the kids cars, the wheels off a fiesta zetec S et 43 hit the tub before they are anywhere near the wheel studs, so really it needs to be et - 50 or slightly less plus spacers

Cheers Mark