Wiring Loom

Long story short....I need to relocate the wiring loom in my 2b.

At the moment it comes out of the engine bay and along the top of the centre console around the gear stick and into the boot. I have plans to move the handbrake onto the centre console but the wires are in the way.

I'm hoping to disconnect everything at the rear of the car (lights, fuel sender etc...), then pull back all the wiring to the console and somehow thread it underneath the centre console tunnel and attach it to the brake lines with cable ties. I will then pull out the wiring underneath the boot and reconnect it back to all the lights etc. at the back of the car.

Stop me now, if doesn't sound viable.

If it is OK, then I would like some advise on the fog & reversing lights and how to disconnect and reconnect the wiring without the need of removing the back stainless steel panel or fuel tank. The rear brake/indicator lights are easy access as they are positioned on the rear wheel arches.

FYI: The boot & tunnel walls have been removed in preparation for the handbrake relocation.

Thanks guys, didn't even consider cutting the wiring and rejoining them on a multi-plug.

I must have been wearing blinkers at the time and not looking at the bigger picture......DOH!

Now, where did I leave the garden shears and insulating tape. :)

• Like 1