S7 Weather Gear

BigLee

Guest Battery Bill

Lee

Did you see the stall at Newark that had loads of "Random" Hoods?

They were pretty cheap (I think Guy got one) and could probably have been adjusted to fit. :D :D

Yup, £40 but no doors! I was walking round with it on my head when it was raining :D

I think Ant is making one at the moment as he has had problems finding somone to make his.

Change "is making" to "has made". Ok, so it's not finished, but I drove from York to Burton in the pouring rain last Sunday with it and it is fine.

It's actually a lot easier to make than you might think. The side screens are far more difficult to sew than the hood is because the metal is in the way. Anyhow, covering my screens and making a hood (minus door seal strips and rear quarter lights) took about 4 days to do and you need two people when you do the hood part. Put a two piece frame underneath it and drape a piece of material over the top, and start pinning. You'll be surprised by how little stiching is catually needed!

Here's mine part way through:

post-5-1086396878.jpg

Ant