Tracking

Guest Dredd

Guest Dredd

My SuperSpec is almost ready to take to SVA. Before I scrub the nice new tyres, I want to get the tracking and front set up carried out. Can anyone advise of the appropriate settings.... or is that a naive question? <_<

Guest Friar Tuck

Dredd

I phoned Richard and If my memory serves me right, he told me 1 degree toe in. I would suggest a quick call to check this.

I used a local mobile tyre fitter, they used the traditional equipment on the front only and set it up for me. When everything has settled down he will come back and use the laser equipment on all 4 wheels.

Good luck

The Friar

Guest plt63

On the subject of tracking, anyone know the toe in settings for a subk ?

I have nice squeaky tyres at the moment, but I dont think they will last very long set up as they are!!!!!! :blink:

Regards.

P.S. Good to see the Friar at newark on Sturday! ^_^

I have my 2B set to zero toe in/out. Remember that there's far less play in the suspension bushes on a 2B than on a Sierra with rubber bits everywhere. What's the sub K and super spec got?

Anyhow, zero toe in has given my nice even tyre wear over the last 12 months and 8500 miles.

Ant

Yep - Richard told me 1 degree toe in as well for the SS.

Just out of interest, could anyone explain how the adjustment is made? I guess that the locking nut is undone, then is the rod just gripped with pliers and turned? What happens at the other end of the rod?

Noddy question I'm sure, but really interested to find out!

Cheers

Harvs