Pinto Map

baj25

I’m running 2 litre pinto, FR32 cam, DGAV carb and am looking to put mapable ignition on it. Have people used ported vacuum or manifold vacuum to MAP? How many Bar MAP works on pinto? Any figures on vac advance from working maps please? TIA, Bri

I used inlet tract vac from four runners to a tube plenum, if your running normally aspirated max pressure will be 102 Kpa or 1 bar

FR32 only needs a little more advance at idle then climbs almost linier to 36@3600

The rest of the map is about part throttle and overrun

Thanks for replies gents. Of course, 1 bar makes perfect sense! How much vac advance do you get at idle Paul and how does the map add a small amount of idle vac advance (3-5deg I've read) with quite low manifold pressure (ported handles this by reducing vacuum at idle)? Do you have TPS as additional input? Any tips on part throttle and overrun, I was thinking to reproduce what dizzy currently does, only with more precision? For max advance, I plan on using same as current dizzy is giving as this was optimised on rolling road. I guess any MAP sensor from a normally aspirated car would be OK to use then? (ford ones doing 0-5v easier than GM PWM?). really interesting learning all this stuff! Ta again, Bri