Tyres & Pressures..

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

Well the title speaks for itself... if it helps I'm after the pressures for a 2b with a mild steel chassis stainless panels 2L pinto & "I think" something like 185 60 14 rubber on 5 spoke alloys.

Definitely cheapo Khumo rubber though (think they're Korean) anyone have any experience of them? Tyre dealer near me says they are a good buy but then, he would I guess!!

Guest Steve.G

Salty

This topic has been covered previously on this site - check out the search facility to find where.

The general opinion appears to be somewhere in the region of 17 - 25psi as the car is quite light.

Try Here

or Here

There I've done the work for you <_<

Steve G.

I run mine at 26. This is higher than most, but I find it fine. Not experimented though so a different value might be better. Even tyre wear so far, and I don't want really heavy steering - parking is difficult enough with a 2B's turning circle without making it harder to turn the wheel.

Ant

Guest alan rowe

I've been running my S7 at 20 psi for the last year and it seems to be a good compromise for ride and cornering and the tyre wear has been very even

Alan

Guest The Rev

Running Avon ZV3 size 195/65HR14 with 23psi all round. Delighted with the tyres and pressure seems ok. Great improvement from the earlier harder sidewalled tyres.

Was thinking about larger (diameter) alloys and lower profile tyres but as car for road use and roads have bumps I have remained with the 14" alloys and get the additional suspension afforded by 65 series softter walled tyres - good grip. ;)

Hope this helps.

Rennie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest salty_monk

Now I have the Hood I can start making sense of all the twoddle I've been writing for the last 2 weeks! :D

Running Korean Kumho tyres (brand new). 185 65 14 front, 195 60 14 rear.

Pressures were set at 17 front & 16 rear, seems ok but will experiment a bit I think to see what happens!

Guest salty_monk
I would suggest that you're a bit too soft

Is that a derogatory comment about us Southerners again?? :lol: :lol:

Will go up to 20psi & see what that feels like...

Guest salty_monk

16/17 did seem a bit low to me too although it seemed to be running ok, might be a different matter when I get a bit more used to the car though!

Going to go up to 24 PSI & see what that does then slowly back them off....

Anyone run odd pressure front/back to promote different driving chracteristics??

It scrapes a bit at the moment (I can get it to do it on roundabouts & stuff) which isn't a huge problem as it has a sump guard bolted to the chassis (good because it protects the sump but bad because it makes it even lower than standard. It's probably 2" max from the floor) so putting a bit more air in the tyres isn't going to hurt.

Have to make me one of those cut & shut sumps you boys run....