Knackered 2ltr Pinto

Guest red7

Guest chris brown

Swan-jnr I suspect the second one has a twin cam in it but the first one sounds good if I was looking for a donor I would be tempted with that

Peter,

I did the oil in the plug hole thing and the pressure shot up to 11bar, is this not proof that it's the rings?

I am confused? :wacko:

Also, what is the clearence between your rear body and tyre on your S7? I took a close look at mine and it's only a couple of mm. I will be fitting a small spacer plate this weekend, just hope I can get enough bite on the wheel nuts.

Regards,

Steve

Sorry Steve didn't see the oil bit that won't help a leaky valve. As others have said try to find another engine, preferably an injection one as it will have hardened valve seats and just bolt your carbs on. I have about 1" clearance between my 195x70x14 on ford wheels tyres and the rear body. Are you using the standard ford wheels with 38?mm offset or something else. Just realised you have a cortina based car, mine is sierra. I may see a cortina one tomorrow at Kimbolton, will try to measure it.

Peter.