Racing Green Gel Coat

Dave R

anyone know whose racing green gel coat rhsc use?

and anyone know where i can buy some from ?

prolly only need an egg cup full!

dave rose (with a crack on a rear wing) :gdit:

Hi Dave

Im going back a few year now to when i did my S7 but i think the paint formula was supplied by ICI AUTOCOLOUR FOR THE RED AND THE GREEN (FORMULATION 030-4TW6 ,GREEN.) RHSC may be using a other stockist by now.

try a local bodyshop to see who supplys there paint and materials they should be able to match the green for you.

Chris

rang richard this morning

got some twaddle that its a special colour that is made soley for them and that he couldnt send me any as he wasnt prepared to send me a coshh sheet

:gdit:

thanks for the suggestions. somewhere i used to have a bit of paper with the gel coat colour codes on them but cant find it

after speakin to richard today i remmeber why i stopped talkin to the bloke at shows!

dave r

Guest mark kingston

hi dave i had exactly the same problem with my rear wings (they are the full fibre glass ones as supplied with the very early 2B? right) i cleaned out the crack with a dremel used filler and had a half litre of paint made up by a local paint specalist, they matched it from the off cut of the wing which i cut off to make the wing fit the side panel. i would send u the paint only mine was blue not green so its no good to you.

regards

mark kingston :p

:lol:

lo mark

yes they are the same as your, being the wrong wing for that car

think yours was in the first batch of 2b's like mine ?

would still prefer to go the gel coat route, i have an off cut that i will take with me when i go lookin