Sadly Time To Sell Robinhood

Guest petespine

Guest petespine

Sadly time has come to sell my Robinhood 2B, I have built & owned this car for 14 years but time has come to let someone else have fun in it,

It is based on the Ford sierra 2.0 pinto engine, gearbox & rear axle, it still has standard carb & points, the car has never been raced or used on a track and has been well looked after. The only problem is the drivers seat is fixed, I am 5ft 8inch tall so I guess 2 inch either way would be o.k, otherwise the seat will need re drilling new holes and re fitting. I have tried loading photos but with no success. It will be going on ebay later on tonight with a starting price of £2750.

ebay number 281688274701

Peter Dawson

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281688274701

Edited by CMA
added eBay link

Guest mower man

had a mx5 not the same. stick to 2b

No they arent the same they are warm dry ,start on the button, not draughty, user freindly need I say any more! don't get me wrong I loved the majority of the 12 years I ran my mono car but as you get older creature comforts make up for a lot come back in 12 years time with approx 40k mile in the hood and less flexible joints ! I would not havemissed the experience in the slightest but some times you have to move on mick :crazy: :clapping: :drinks:

Guest 2b cruising

How old are you Peter, 110 or something. LoL.

I'm 65, riddled with arthritis, False knee, high bp, crumbling lower spine. To top that all off, I have copd.

I can't get wet and cold as it would lead to pneumonia. Nothing would take away my Robin.

Mind you 12 months ownership as against 12 years would probably have me thinking differently.

Imo. Z3 with a big motor in it would be better than a mx5. Especially if giving your Robin up for good.

Edited by 2b cruising

but Petes only !! jesus forgot you were that old Pete, but your joints are fine,,, scrub that, your knees are knackered, looks like a MX5 for you pete lol

Mitch

Guest petespine

Yes 53, knackered knees, wonky hip an that's just the start, and got to the stage if I go over 30 mph I get nagged at by the other half.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mower man

I did 12 years before having to let my hood go ,could get in ,drive 2/300 miles but needed a crane to get out and let it go but the mx5 is a fine replacement heres to the next 12 [god I'll be 80] :crazy: :crazy: :rofl: