Clutch Query

Guest Peterrrwatkiinsss

Guest Peterrrwatkiinsss

Help!, I've just bought my first kit along with a 2ltr blacktop zetec engine and mt75 gearbox.

My question is, what clutch assembly would be the best one to get? I've heard a standard 1.8 clutch and 1.8 bearing?for best performances?

If anyone can help with maybe some part numbers on ebay that would be a great.

you can use the standard 2ltr clutch and flywheel you just need the longer clutch arm pin from GBS or I have heard that you can just take the old pin out and fix a bolt in its place but I don't know the length so easier to go with the longer pin and also I think the 1.8 setup is a bit lighter under foot

Edited by tractor

also I have come across a few people that are getting a lot of thrust bearing noise going down the longer pin route whilst this is not an issue with the clutch working it is annoying personally I went down the 1.8 zetec flywheel and clutch with the longer thrust bearing and have had no noise so far

Guest Peterrrwatkiinsss

Thanks for that, I'm sure the flywheel that's here is a 1.8 so might just go with that setup then, in regards to the longer thrust bearing is there anything specific I need to search for or shall I just simply look under longer thrust bearing?

I think from memory its a 33 CTL 33 or CL33 SOMETHING LIKE THAT IF YOU LOOK ON LOCOST BUILDERS FORUM DO A SEARCH FOR FOR ZETEC TO RWD GEARBOX AND YOU SHOULD FIND IT OR IF YOU SEARCH ON THIS FORUM IT IS IN ONE OF MY POSTS FROM WHEN I WAS DOOING MY CONVERSION

Edited by tractor

Guest Peterrrwatkiinsss

Sorry to be a pain again, just went to put engine in the car. And the mounts I have don't fit onto the engine, what mounts did you use?