Switches And Lights

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

For IVA if you have a switch that lights up when pressed ie the round savage switches, do you still need a tell tale light for said switch? Ie of the fog button has a picture of its function and lights up Amber when pressed would you also need s tell tale fog light on the dash?

I'd interpret the rules as the light on the switch being adequate as a tell tale, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Just done a quick search in the IVA manual & under Section 33 - Identification of Controls:

Where a control, tell-tale or indicator is combined, a common symbol may be used for such a combination.

An Information Display Device if Fitted;

Note 1: A control means that part of a device which enables the driver to bring about a change in the state or functioning of the vehicle.

An indicator means a device which presents information on the functioning or situation of a system or part of a system. e.g., fluid level.

A tell-tale means an optical signal which indicates the actuation of a device, correct or defective functioning or condition, or failure to function.

So I think you'd be ok

hth

Edited by Landie71

Yes.

If the switch has a light and symbol which lights up, that is the tell tale required by IVA. That's how my switches are wired and hey passed.

(Main beam tell tale is on the clocks since the switch doesn't have a light on it etc.)

Simon.