Camber Angle On Sliding Pillar

KenO

Hi I have a 2B with sliding pillar front suspension, the problem is the camber angle is deferent on both sides of the car when the top mounts are set identical. Can any one help.

Ken

Hi Ken

If you search on here i have posted a few tips on sliding pillar set ups. Basically undo 2 locking bolts on top mount plate and spin 90 degrees. Slacken top mount nut and push mount in board as far as possible and then redrill locking bolts. You should end up with approx 1/4 each side.

Hth

Edited by tazzzzman1

If there is then it will most probably be in the chassis alignment...I don't think they were built the most accurate. If memory serves me correctly you will also find your rear wheels out of alignment with your front by approx 1"

However don't despair as long as all 4 wheels pointing in the same direction you should be fine.....plenty out there with this issue.

To correct your camber, I suggest that you will probably have to remove some material from the top washer from the side which is not going in as far. If you put a spirit level to measure vertical alignment (from the wheel, not the tyre) you should ideally have approx 6-8mm out of vertical from top to bottom (top inwards) on each wheel.

Remember to re-drill the holes to fasten the top washer once you are happy with setting.

If you get them set up correctly and follow my build up tips you should be able to get them performing pretty well...Sliding pillars will characteristically give loads of under-steer in fast cornering, but damn good in slower cornering. If you know what to expect you can easily hang the rear end out to compensate.....great fun :db:

Good luck

Guest Ian Maycock

Before I chopped my sliding pillar off to put on wishbones I did a full measure of the suspension. The drivers side wheel was 15mm further back than on the passenger side. Go figure!