Sierra Wiper Motor

Guest Dredd

Guest Dredd

I'm struggling to find information on the sierra wiper mechanism. My SuperSpec is fitted with a Sierra unit and lever system where the cantelevers have been shortened. The problem is that I don't get sufficient sweep across the windscreen. I have been told that the motor assembly can be opened up and an adjustment made to alter the length of the sweep. Has anyone got any experience with this unit? :huh:

Derek,

If I remember correctly from the video on the shortening of the sierra wiper mechanism, there is a small linkage arm with pivot that is attached to the wiper motor spindle. The amount of sweep can be adjusted by increasing it's length to the pivot point.

Les

Guest Dredd

I've removed the motor assembly (again) and I can see the logic in lengthening the arm to the spindle to increase the sweep. However, I don't have access to nor the experise to cut and weld. Also how much should I lengthen? Could be hit and miss. So, how about, as the self park isn't wired on the Super Spec, I just have the blades set to 'park' (albeit manually) facing the drivers side instead of the passenger side? That way I'll get a decent area cleared in front of the driver.

Does that make sense? :huh: