New Years Day

Guest alexpink

Guest alexpink

Had a good blast on new years day after getting my upgraded engine set up on the rolling road (cheers for the support Stu!)

Got a couple of clips with the gopro, and had a quick go at editing them together.

Guest alexpink

Days like today are why I haven't sorned my car. Little bit cold, but an awesome blast around the Warwickshire countryside. Roads were fairly slippery and got a little bit sideways at some points... But since dropping the front tyre pressure it handles much more predictably. Really impressed with the upgrades made to the engine- putting out 125bhp and the same in torque (standard 2.0 bottom end, carb head, felpro crush gasket, vernier pulley, FR32 and YZF600 carbs). There's a bit more power to be had as the motorbike fuel pump can't quite get enough fuel to the engine; I've purchased a facet one with regulator and will be upgrading this weekend, and should be getting the car back on the rolling road with Steve Walford at some point to get the last few horses out of it (I'm not chasing numbers, but if there's a bit more to be had then why not?)

The car is great fun to drive now, and can comfortably cruise around (plenty of low range torque) or go flat out- the sound it makes now is fantastic, and throttle response has improved dramatically.

Hopefully we'll have a few more days like this one this winter!