New Rhe Pricing/ordering

Guest SteveL

Guest SteveL

Hi Guys

There's a discussion just started on the Yahoo group about the new RHE pricing and availabilty of kits which is interesting. It seems that RHE is now concentrating on the Super Spec, and production of the 2B and SubK are being reduced.

Take a look at the announcement of the RHE web site (http://www.robinhoodengineering.co.uk/2003.htm) for the news.

The 2B kit now includes everything which used to be optional and costs £3270 plus VAT. This means that you now have to have a stainless steel, alloy wheeled, hood & sidescreened 2B. The SubK kit now costs £1999 plus VAT, and includes the luggage rack, alloys, stainless chassis etc. etc. On top of this, the order books for the 2B and SubK will only be open until 8th May, for a collection day on the 28th June. There is no mention of any other collection days for the 2B or the SubK kits.

What do you think? Are RHE now trying to distance themselves from the cheaper end of the kit-car market? If so, I think it's a great shame, as it's what's made them (in)famous. Would you have bought a 2B or SubK (with all the now compulsary options) for this increased price? I'm not sure I would, as I wanted a cheap way into building a kit car. The Tiger Cat E1 kit is £2595 plus VAT, and may become the new "kit + donor" champion.

What do you think?

Steve

Guest Ant

I agree with you. Budget, popularity, and the stainless options were my main reasons for buying a 2B. I reckon that, presented with the latest offering, I'd be building an avon or a cat.

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Perhaps Robin Hood are trying to clear out all of their old stock by offering these packages. This would leave room for their new(?) offerings which may not be Ford based! Perhaps Stoneleigh will clear up some of the mystery.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

Guest daveg

All

IMHO RHE would be making a BIG mistake by increasing the initial outlay costs.

I bought the minimum to "get started" and I wanted to buy extras as and when I had the money/time.

Dave :unsure:

Guest johnboymac

id have to say that had the prices been like that back when I placed my order, I would not have even considered an RH, It would have come down to the tiger or the budget westie (2250+vat - but requiring a helluva lot to complete.) both of which have the grp bodies (im not looking forward to forming the rear wings..)

cheers, john

Guest TerryBarry

I notice that the number of Super Specs available has risen from 120 last year to 140.

The 2B & Sub-K kits come with 5 alloys and 5 Yokohama A539 's. However it appears that the tyres are not fitted - another little job to sort out.

RHSC are also selling the Yoko's for £54 each - not a bad price the same are £52 from My Tyres (delivered).

Re' their future plans - they must intend doing something with the 100 tonnes of stainless they are sitting on.

Terry

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Dave,

RHE - or should I say RHSC are offering 205.50R15's

You obviously got a good deal.

The TopGear site currently shows £52 for 205.50R15 (86H) - the 195.50R15 (86H) are £35.

Terry