Winter Upgrades/pictures

Guest alexpink

Guest alexpink

Over the past couple of months I've been getting my car ready for this season. This has included waxoyling the mild steel chassis, upgrading the engine and cooling, and adding a heate, amongst various other jobs. I've also managed to get some panels sprayed so the car is now all one colour; pictures (hopefully) at the following link http://s376.photobucket.com/user/alexpink41/library/Kit%20Car

I went out for a drive on Thursday night, having reassembled everything... and to my dismay spun a big end bearing :( I spent a couple of hours over the weekend removing the engine and stripping out the crank, and will hopefully be getting it reground this week. It's an unexpected expense, but needs to be done if I want to use the car! I will be refreshing the bottom end, oil pump and cam bearings etc while the engine is out, and then hopefully I can finally drive it and make the most of this fantastic weather. It's been an expensive couple of months, but I'm really looking forward to getting out and enjoying the car properly.

Guest 2b cruising

Make sure your con rods are not at fault letting go of the shells.

Put them together to the recommended torque and use a dti to check for ovalitty.

Horrible having to strip out yet again.

Where you are having the crank ground would be able to do the measuring and repair for you.

I like the idea of a new oil pump and cam work. You know you will be in a safe state engine wise.

2b cruising, you are a very naughty boyays worth it on a used engine.