Pinto 2.0 Con Rod

Guest alexpink

Guest alexpink

Does anyone have a 2.0 pinto con rod I could exchange for beer tokens? If anyone has seen my other recent thread, I have recently spun two big end bearings; one has damaged the crank, and the other has damaged the con rod, hence requiring a replacement. I am currently getting the crank reground and will be buying a new set of main and big end bearings to suit.

Thanks,

Alex

You do realise the pinto gudgon pin is interference fit and not a home mechanic job to fit?

The company that are grinding the crank should be able to do the job.

There are 2 types of rod, standard and injection

Injection has an F cast into the rod flank, is stronger and will take more revs for longer.

You want all the same rods so don't mix

Guest alexpink

Thanks Paul, the company will indeed fit the rod for me.

Ideally I'd like a set of injection rods, but mine are non efi so if I can't find a set of the above, then one will do.

Guest 2b cruising

The one at £20 is a blind, needing boring and splitting. Ignore it.

The ones at £50 look as they might have been mixed up with the wrong ends on the wrong rods.

Should be able to sort them but beware.

I would buy them and take them to the engine shop along with Pistons and block. See if they will assemble.

It shouldn't cost much to have this bit assembled. Someone that is continually building these will see if anything is amiss.

Alex I have a set of injection rods with low compression transit Pistons on them, I took them out to fit Cosworth rods and V6 pistons so they have been in the workshop for a while, I think I also have new ARP rod bolts somewhere

If your interested I can do a deal