Body Panels Identification.

XJ220

Hello,

I have recently purchased a partially constructed stainless steel monocoque RH, the chassis is complete and rolling but I have a number of panels which came with the car and I have no idea where they are intended to be fitted, see below photos of the said panels and if anyone can identify what there purpose is and where there need to fitted it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Shane.

post-13594-0-13144700-1459504538_thumb.jpg

post-13594-0-02475700-1459504542_thumb.jpg

post-13594-0-99554800-1459504545_thumb.jpg

Hello Shane,

This looks like quiz of the day!

The left picture looks like a boot panel, either the bottom panel or a top cover.

The right picture looks like a front offside side panel, it may be spare for an alternative suspension set-up.

As for the middle picture I am not sure, possibly a steering column shroud, to be bent around the steering with a hole for the column to go through. But not sure of its size from the photo.

Maybe if you can post some pictures of the car and what is fitted it may help further.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul,

The dimension of the panels are the measurements at their widest points,

Left picture - 33cm along the edge with the bend x 24cm

Middle picture - 42cm x 21cm

Right picture - 27cm x 26cm

I have tried to offer them up all over the car and nowhere do they look right.

Shane.

Ah, sorry they are a lot smaller than they look in the photos!

So probably not boot or side panel.

Although left and right look like they may have come from the factory with the striped protection paper, the middle one looks home made with pencil lines.

Anyone else any ideas?

OK, left to right. The first one I believe is the panel that sits on top of the tunnel, underneath the dashboard. The top of the tunnel is approx 7" wide on a mark 3 (wider on an exmo or earlier model) so if the fold over is similar, then I'm correct. , The height of that panel from the tunnel mine is approx 22cm

The middle one, is folded up into a funnel shape to make "Madonnas tits" for the Landrover type indicators to fit to.(The 3 screws to hold the landrover type indicator screw into the 3 metal tags once folded over)

A lot of people fit motorbike indicators instead, (Vehicle wiring products have some decent ones, http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/section.php/151/1/indicators)

The last piece is the side panel that goes in front of the front chassis member and fits with an edge underneath the side of the nosecone, the little bit that has a "C" shape burnt in, actually folds inwards (You can't see it on mine, as I've fitted scoops over them.)

Pictures below.

PS. Shane, have a look here and work out just which monocoque model you have got. http://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

Edited by Big Jim
  • Like 1