How To Fit Dash

Guest Mark Anyon

I offered my dash in position and determined where it would be best to fit brackets so that they would secure the dash but not interfere with wiring and instruments etc. whilst being positioned so that I could access the brackets where I drilled screw holes for fixing with self tappers to the chassis rail and tunnel top. I then made the brackets up and bolted them to the wooden dash backboard before I covered the dash in foam and then finished with vynil.

Once all finished I just screwed the dash through the pre drilled holes in the brackets and chassis, I have 7 brackets, 3 are screwed to the chassis and 4 at the top are a sort of lazy S shape that hold the dash to the chassis rail.

Cheers Nige

In order to achieve the correct curves and form for the dash on the 2B I laminated the supplied stainless steel dash panel to some thin MDF and let the glue set whilst it was fixed to the dash rails with self-tappers. I then bonded some thicker MDF discs to the rear of the dash and used simple 'L' brackets to screw the dash to the underside of the top dash tube. There are no fixings visible on the front of the dash other than the two lowest screws on the 'legs'. These were countersunk into the dash and covered with trim pieces. Hope this helps.

Dash%201.jpg

Dash%202.jpg

Dash%204.jpg

Dash%203.jpg

XR-SR3.jpg

Edited by enforcer
  • Like 1