Yipee It Still Goes

Guest daveg

Guest daveg

All

Engine started after 2 years building :rolleyes:

With all the talk of noisy engines I was expecting the noise to bring the garage down :p its not noisy :huh:

Just wipers, screen, fan, blower, front cycle wings, bleed brakes, stone guards, fog light, number plate light :boohoo: to go

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

Nice one Dave :D Its a great feeling eh!

Now you wait all you will get now is :

Whens your SVA :wacko: When will it be on the road :angry:

Take your time enjoy the build :lol: :lol:

Bill and Joey

Guest daveg

Russler

I had mine done at Mitcham
:huh: did you move to Sussex :mellow: or did you just want a long drive :D

Bill

I have given up rushing...the summer will be over by the time I am ready for SVA but I will be ready early next year :p

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

Dave

I have given up rushing...the summer will be over by the time I am ready for SVA but I will be ready early next year

We are thinking the same thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Guest Captain Daz

Dave

Nice one!

I seem to be at about the same stage as you. It's taken me 4 years to get there though. I got the engine started about 3 months ago. Apart from wiring probs it fired first time.

Did you prep the engine before the long sleep? I didn't and was worried it would seize. I didn't fancy pouring oil down the plug holes etc.

Hope to be SVA'd early next year too.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Daren

Guest daveg

Daren

Nah...I didn't do anything to the engine (except fit the cam belt Richard gave as part of the kit plus the plugs he gave us :rolleyes: )

The reason was the engine had done 185,000 miles but had a MOT so the emissions should last 1 year at least. If you pour oil down the plugs and it doesn't seep past the rings :huh: you will fill the air with white smoke :wacko:

I was un-employed for a year of my build...thats the only reason I am this far after 2 years :)

Bill, we should be doing SVA about the same time :lol:

Sue,

look forward to seeing you and the car at all next years shows
:huh: :mellow: with all the stick I have been giving a certain duo :mellow: :huh: I am a bit worried about going to any shows :unsure: might come away with a battery inserted in the rear :(

Dave

look forward to seeing you and the car at all next years shows

with all the stick I have been giving a certain duo  I am a bit worried about going to any shows  might come away with a battery inserted in the rear 

or even a paid up membership! :) ;) :wub:

Keep at it Dave

Guest Andy Rathbone
wait till spring also (not commiting to which spring though!)

thats the way have a finite deadline, ive been on mine 4 years 3 months i think im getting close, i started my engine must have been a year ago after a 2 year rest with no prep, smoked a bit buit now runs a treat (see other post about pro engine tune), remember quality takes time and you can never rush an artist or a craftsman

every thing you do brings driving a step closer ;)

rgds andy r