Advice And Help Needed Sought

Guest The New Boy

Guest The New Boy

Looking for thought, comments and advice from experienced builders - novice inyending to buy his first Kit Car !!!

Which Robin Hood?

How easy to do?

Do I need locking up for even thinking I can build a car??

The New Boy :D

it depends on how much work you want to get involved in ,all current robin hood models are basically the same except the boulton lightweight,

sub K ; (if its still available) most work ,stripping and sorcing parts

2B ;a bit more supplied in the kit

2B plus ;more still supplied

super spec ;you start with a rolling chassis , its not cheap but does have more up to date options.

the end result of all are not a million miles away from each (depends on the builder and how much you spend or how ingenious you can be other than that its just how long you want to take to get there!!!! :huh:

NONE OF THEM ARE SIMPLE BOLT TOGETHER "CARS IN A BOXES" ;)

but you wont get a better club or better help than right here!! :D

my advice would be go for the stainless steel 2B plus with wishbones

go on take the plunge

ASH ;)

but you wont get a better club or better help than right here!! :D

Ash is right on the money there.

If you run into a problem with the build then there is always some one on this site who have had the same problem or will be able to help you out. ;)

so go on have a go :D

Chris

New Boy,

Go for it, you wont regret it :D as Chris says there is as much help as you could ever need on here but you can do your own thing as you want it, thats the thing about being a hoodie everybodys different B) , go for it and dont be afraid to ask silly questions, someone somewhere will have come across the same issue at some point.

Do I need locking up for even thinking I can build a car??
Probably but it would be a boring world if we were all the same driving the same cars doing the same thing wouldnt it :rolleyes: :D

Good Luck

Bugsy

Guest jawald

I did not build mine but have met some of the guys who do this crazy thing - thanks to them I can drive and smile- If you have the talent - go for it - if you can build a RH you can build any old seven type - but it wont be a RH!! I am currently looking to buy a 2b failed build for the winter. It means sorting somebody elses cock ups but is cheaper if they have already sourced the doner parts etc. This sounds a bit mercenary - but what the heck - :lol: :lol: :lol: Go for a 2b plus and I'll seeyou at a show in a couple of years :D

New Boy :lol:

If you are prepared to spend 2 years+ building and have the attitude thats its a hobby and not that you just want the end result quickly then go for it.

You get a good chassis and bonnet, and the rest of the bits are cut near to requirements but need 'trimming' :ph34r: as Richard calls it :huh:

And get everything in stainless steel, unlike I did :boohoo:

Dave

PS You can ask any silly question like

is it a good idea to put the battery in the back

PPS The answer of course is NO :)