Stoneleigh

Guest Taffy Rob

Guest Taffy Rob

A cracking weekend at Stoneleigh! Cheers everyone for making me so welcome, even if the missus was a bit of a party pooper (I think it was Chris' sense of humour... :rolleyes: )!!!

It was great to see so many hoods on the road, especially Mitch's, Les', and the owner with the welsh dragon on his nose cone grill - are you out there??? And to put some faces to names as well...

And I have to admit having seen the new rhsc super spec thing, I am slowly coming around to it - I still wouldn't go for it but it is making more sense as you get so much 'provisionally' fitted for you.

Rob

Was good to meet a lot of you again (sorry I missed saying goodbye to you Jimbo), was just a shame that my time was so limited. Good turn out on sunday though and nice to put some faces to names (Tim!)

Guest TerryBarry

Here's one

You'll notice that it's off limits - no sitting in this one

Oh - the titanium finish adds another £1051 to the price :o

Terry

Guest Tim Norman

Fantastic support from everyone who turned up, thanks to all of you who came and said hello to the "new committe" it was very much appreciated. We had a very busy two days with over 50 people paying their subs, the majority of whom are new members. The club gear did a roaring trade, and we are processing the orders as soon as poss so those who ordered should get them within 2 weeks. I had one of the shower proof jackets and I am mightly impressed. drove home without side screens and never felt the wind at all!

You may have noticed that I caught the sun a little on Sunday, well I also managed to pick up a bucketfull of conjunctivitis as well! The price we pay for our fun.

Well done to Ryan Spicer for picking up that gorgeous silver 3A for a snip. Which Kit want to put in their magazine. Hows that for an introduction to the club.

Sorry there wasn't a raffle at the show but we forgot the tickets. Newark's prizes will be twice as big to compensate. ;)

The prizes donated by RHSC were succesfully passed on to three well deserving cars, a big thank you to Richard and Gina, although picking the finalists was bloody hard work. The recipients were well happy. Even fourth place, who got a bottle of wine, I suspect though that wifey may well have most of it as she would let him even hold it!

Lets hope the turn out for Newark is just as good if not better.

Thanks to all who came and showed the rest of the Clubs how it should really be done.

Tim :D

Guest Guy

Excellent day at Stoneleigh.

It took me ages to find the Robin Hoods though, I had to ask Richard at the Robin Hood stand where they were! the owners club was a bit out of the way wasn’t it? If they were in the midst then it would be a much better advert.

One thing I did notice was that most of the other owners club areas were void of people and not many cars. The robin hood club area was full of cars, I mean loads of them and lots of people all talking about them, a hive of activity.

Another point, lots of kit cars seem to be the same, just like they are put together exactly as the kit says! the Robin Hood kits are not perfect and we seem to come up with lots of variations to get over the shortcomings but that’s the way I like it (ar ha ar ha, never mind). Building a car should be about bending panels over your knee in the shed!

Guest Peejay

Had A great time but spent most of it away from the rhocar stand, Took the other half round the rest of the event, she wanted to see as many different cars as possible. (first time to a show) We came on Monday.... Where was everyone/thing. Been to stoneleigh many times before and never seen so few cars on the clubstands including ours. Is it becomming a one day event (sunday?) interested to hear any comparisons from others about sun vs mon, and this year vs previous years????

Pete

Guest Taffy Rob

Its a big problem, the missus works for an american burger chain, she has to book holidays off a year in advance and as shes a manager she gets no bank holidays off at all, and only one weekend off a month. We were lucky that she managed to get sunday off, we came up sat night after her shift finished, and had to leave sunday afternoon to be home for her early shift monday.

Guest Andy Hamilton

I thought the Stoneleigh show was terrible!, It seemed to steal all of my cash from my wallet and leave me with a load of bits of metal, plastic, electrical kit... What am I supposed to do with it all?

Oh I know, I'll stick it all on the RH2B.

Really though, it was an excellent day on Sunday. Great weather for you guys that actually went in your RH's.

I think as someone else has mentioned, most of the other kit car clubs have a bunch of cars all looking exactly the same but in different colours. The great thing about the RH's, is how unique each car is.

One of the best parts for me was seeing cars with the Ford RS 7 spoke alloys on. I bought a set of five for my partly built 2B, and still wasn't sure if they would be OK on the car. They looked fantastic (IMHO).... stroke of luck really.

Need to get back to the garage now and get on with the build, and need to try to keep that website up to date, and stop people moaning!

Guest DROID

Well I would just like to say me and the missus (soon to be wife) had a great weekend. Great to see so many Robin Hoods on both days. It was good putting faces to names and chatting to other builders for tips.

Must say a big thank-you to Mick Mellors for making us feel so welcome at the club stand as it was our first show and we had travelled from Glasgow to attend.

Paula's most memorable moment is of course the 'chocolate bananas' which the good chef Pete so kindly made.

Hope to see you all soon, will probably be at events after our wedding in July.

Andy

Guest Chris.A.
A cracking weekend at Stoneleigh! Cheers everyone for making me so welcome, even if the missus was a bit of a party pooper (I think it was Chris' sense of humour... :rolleyes: )!!!

It was great to see so many hoods on the road, especially Mitch's, Les', and the owner with the welsh dragon on his nose cone grill - are you out there??? And to put some faces to names as well...

And I have to admit having seen the new rhsc super spec thing, I am slowly coming around to it - I still wouldn't go for it but it is making more sense as you get so much 'provisionally' fitted for you.

Rob

:rolleyes: Hi , Rob. Sorry if I upset the missus, that bussiness with the cold ,wet, flannel, when she wouldn`t get out of her sleeping bag was just a joke,you know! Still it was lovely to meet her for the first time.P.S. so busy ,never had time to have a go on your banjo,( used to dabble,years ago)hope to see you both again. (?) I see you have the same birthday as my Mrs.(and I always forget that, so you stand no chance of a card,mate!)I`m off now to look at your "Twangers" website,cheerz! :rolleyes:

Guest Taffy Rob

Werent they the little mice things that lived on the moon?

No she wasn't offended at all!!! - Its all she gets at home - why should it be any different when we go away? :p

We both really enjoyed ourselves, and hopefully will be at rhocar shows for a while yet. Donington is the next for us, as we're on honeymoon for Newark (Mick did suggest having our honeymoon at Newark, but it didn't go down well) :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob Walters

I thought Stoneligh was great ,I have been to Detling twice and this was a much bigger show with loads of great stands. I was blown away by the number of kit cars. It took me a while to fnd the RHoCaR area. We got their at a about 4 on the Sunday, this should have been a lot earlier apart from the fact we got up late, got lost on route ........ow and did I mention we run out of petrol in my garage.

The fuel problem was the cause of some frustration as my fuel gauge does not work, this in not normally a problem as I use the mileage trip. On this occassion I had reset the trip about 10 miles after I had filled up. My girl friend asked me if I had petrol, I think my response was some thing along the lines of what do you know about cars any way ???? (like I'm some sort of expert !) I looked at the mileage trip and noticed it was close to the maimum........then I had my flash back, the rest is history.

Prior to this the furthest my girl friend had been in the car was about 30 miles, I am pleased to say she really enjoyed it and is now looking forward to our trip to the south of France this summer in the hood.

regards

Rob