Vicky Green Loom

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

In the receipts I got with my 2b (from 1999) it says one special look £75 or similar. Presumably this is the Vicky Green loom (has little tags still remaining on some of the wires telling you what they are so can't be the Sierra loom.

Has anyone got a copy of the wiring diagram they supply & would be willing to do me a copy??

Also - I have a switch on the dash that is connected into the wires on the "brake fluid level low" switch on the top of the reservoir. Flicking the switch turns the brake warning light on & off on the dash... nothing else! There is no micro switch wired up to the handbrake (no handbrake light at all) if that helps anyone tell me what the hell this is for..??! ;) Was it a super bodge or what??!! :rolleyes:

Guest TerryBarry
tell me what the hell this is for..??!

There is a SVA requirement that the low brake fluid level warning light can be shown to be operating - i.e. that the bulb hasn't blown.

This is normally covered by the same lamp lighting when the handbrake is actuated.

Guest salty_monk

Ahh thought it might be something like that as it made mention of it in some SVA pictures that came with the car... Is it an MOT requirement too or can I take it out now??

the low brake fluid level warning light can be shown to be operating.

Is it an MOT requirement too

My car is pre-SVA, and has never had a brake fluid warning light, or a h/brake light.

These are things that they started fitting to cars when they realised how many numpties are on the road. That's why you no longer have manual chokes, so that the Female numpty can't pull it out to hang her handbag on it! ;)