Tracking

Guest Alasdair

Guest Friar Tuck

Alasdair

I know the Super Spec is slightly different, but I was told by RHSC to have 1 degree toe in overall.

Haven't driven it yet, but it didn't fail for lack of self centreing at my SVA test when the examiner had a little play

Someone may have other recommendations, but at least it is somewhere to start and shouldn't wear tyres out.

Good Luck

The Friar

Guest Alasdair

Thanks for all the replies, as usual I have learnt a lot from all of them, this is a great site! :D

I get a bit of tyre sqeal on quite gentle corners so I wanted make sure things are set up correctly. I will pop down to my local tyre place and get them to set it up to 1° then.

haven't seen you at the Herts meetings recently

I was on the Stondon Run with my son (aged 7), he loved it. I haven't been since then though.

Thanks

Alasdair

Guest paul thompson

Tyre squal? That usual;ly means that you are toeing out too much, or they are not very equal, does it do it more on rh or lh bends? When I took mine (it too was squaeling on roundabouts at moderate speeds) I had 7 degrees to out on the rhs and 3 degrees toe out on the lhs. Squaled like buggery going round the roundabout but not on exits! I guess that the rh wheel was turning far out and the outside wheel (the one takig most of the load and therefore controlling the turn) was pushing it. Any way no squealing now unless I'm trying too hard!!