How Did Rhocar Do ?

Guest mickmellors

Guest mickmellors

As the Events and Promotions Secretary for RHOCaR I would be most grateful for feedback in the form of either praise or constructive critisism of the RHOCaR Club Stand (NOT the Factory Stand in the Hall) at Stoneleigh.

We need to know if anything could (or could not) have been better, for example, camping facilities, what the Club offered in terms of greetings, friendliness, evening activities, space available to show the Cars off, Club Gear quality, availability and mail ordering system, membership joining procedures, communication and anything else that you would have liked that did not happen the way you would have liked it to have ! Suggestions for remedying any problems or even potential problems would be welcome too.

What did you think to the Monday competition and the prizes etc

What should we do different next year or even at Newark and Donington

Please take the time to tell us your thoughts but in order not to jam up every members inbox could I please respectfully ask that you respond to me DIRECT at my RHOCaR e-mail address -

mick@rhocar.org

This is not to hide any criticisms from prying eyes - in fact I fully intend to make the feedback 'public', but in an abridged form for further discussion. We can only grow better if we learn from mistakes.

Thanks to everyone who came over the weekend - we had 102 cars on Sunday and a total of 59 (I think) on Monday - it was difficult to keep track of comings and goings whilst we were judging the competition.

Very well done to all the Prize Winners - I hope you will benefit from the Prizes and they help to make your cars even better than the WINNERS that they already are. Dont forget to contact Richard or Gina to arrange collection !

Please let us know

THANKS

Mick Mellors

Guest cjbailey

I know this should really go to mick's inbox, but I would just like to say that the club and it's members were fantastically helpful over the weekend, the visit to the club stand and chatting to a few members made my mind up, and I am now the proud owner of a piece of paper telling me when I need to collect my 2b kit!

I have to say, that of all of the clubs that were at the show, although yours was not the best presented, it was certainly amongst the most friendly and helpful, I will be joining the club very soon and hope to be able to live up to the fantastic reputation the club has!

hello chris,

glad to hear that you've joined the gang and bought your 2b.

i just wondered what you meant when you said that the club wasnt the best presented? If you meant what I think you mean, namely that we were again seemingly stuck out of the way on the edge of the site then I agree.

whether because the average size of our tunout is so impressive, we seem to end up there, I dont know, but its a shame we arent really in the middle of things. at one point when i was walking back from one of the halls a family in front of me stopped, turned around and started to walk back the other way, because the little lad wanted to see some more cars. although we werent miles away there were no sign to shows visitors where we were, and why its worth walking to the end of the road to see the best attended club stand at the show!

Paul :ph34r:

Guest mickmellors

The Area that we occupy has a lot more positives than negatives, for example-

Tarmac roads on 3 sides for cars to approach from.

Easy to expand the area if we get a bigger turn out then expected - 102 cars on Sunday even with a Grand Prix on TV !

Tarmac path across top of car area.

Good size camping area (25 tents on Sunday night ! ) next to cars for better security.

Tarmac approach to camping area.

Near to toilet and showers with tarmac and street lighting all the way for those middle of the night dashes !

Easy to divide cars from tents with Caravan as a 'fence'

Easy to find for exhibiting drivers - enter via main entrance - follow road straight ahead - turn right into field - simple !

The field slopes up from the road showing the visiting public the whole display on their approach from the bottom.

No on is beyond us so we dont get the drunken procession passing by when the bar turns out at midnight

I take on board the comment about signs and I think this is really the only negative to the location but the organisers are less than keen for signs to be put up. They are possibly worried that someone will start nailing placards to the sides of buildings - I will look into it though. New Club Banners will be ordered as soon as we can organise it. This will at least show who we are once someone does find us !

Keep the feedback coming - it will all help to improve the Club and how we are perceived both from within and from without.

Thank You so far - constructive criticism is welcomed.

Mick M